Friday, June 12, 2009

take care of your health & treasure your family and friends

I was having my usual chit chatting session to my colleagues this morning...
And today's session made me have this title...

at first , we were asking iris about her sis' operation.... and she told us that yesterday they found out that her sis shouldn't have gone thru with the operation because she was having cough.... but because of miscommunication between the doctors, the doctor handling the operation didnt know of the cough and thus continued with the operation... this causes her sis to develop a lung infection after the operation and had to be sent into ICU for special care and she had so much difficulty breathing... we were shocked and angry to hear that!!! I know the sis and feel very sad for her that she has to go thru such pain at such young age... also, I can understand what the family is going thru beacuse this was wad my family and I went thru when my mum's situation worsen and the doctors are not giving us much confidence that they know what they are doing to my mum... since my mum's case, I feel that it is better to die of old age rather than sickness.... If I am sick *touch wood*.... I will want to do and give more when I still am able to... I want to smile more and play more with the time I have... with my family I do not want to waste the time on the hospital bed...

Then, sun young told us she received a call from Korea at 5.55am this morning... she immediately woke up cos she tot something happened in Korea to her mother-in-law... her mother-in-law was hopitalised so she was worried something was wrong or her mother-in-law had already passed away... turns out nothing was wrong... just that her mother-in-law misses sun young's husband who's her son... and want him to be in Korea... sun young is very worried...

After that, office become very lively and a bit noisy... cos peiling who is supposed to be on leave came into office with her son, maximus... almost everyone in the office played with him... cos he is so cute... then after that, they stayed at IPC place and we played with him.... maximus very good boy and let me carry him for very long... until he needs to drink milk...

i really think having kids around is a good way to lighten up the mood and make even the toughest person softens.... when maximus was here, sun young start to smile again... and even I who was affected by iris' and sun young's stories was enjoying myself and feel so much relaxed now...

Just one morning, I have experienced many different feelings... anger, sadness, happiness and peacefulness...


**************************************************

I truely agree with my dad that having kids are a gift from above... and what we get from having kids cannot be measured by money.... we shouldn't be too uptight and worried that we will not be able to handle the kids financially....

Also, we should always take care of our health.... don't be too hard on yourself to achieve perfection at work or to climb higher in your career ladder.... as it should not turn out that you have to use your hard-earned money to pay for getting your health back...

And we should not take our parents for granted.... no matter how long they live, they will usually still pass away earlier than us.... they will not be with us forever... so do not always delay the time to spend time with them.... they do not need you to earn big bucks or what, they just want a little of your time to see you, talk to you and eat with you...

No comments: