meishan told me she would be writing her own wedding vows...
it would be more meaningful and it'll truly be the vow of your own...
and she showed me a clip from Grey Anatomy where one of the surgeon practices his wedding vow during his surgery... it was quite funny where he was practicing it but his words are... romantic and loving... a wonderful way to show his love to his wife-to-be...
Here are the exact words of what he said in case you didnt catch it... :)
“Christina, I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you. I could promise to be there in sickness and in health. I could say till death do us part. But I won’t. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. And I do not stand here, on my wedding day, optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic. I am not hopeful. I am sure. I am steady. And I know. I am a heart man. I take them apart. I put them back together. I hold them in my hands. I… am a heart man. So this, I am sure, you are my partner, my lover, my very best friend. My heart beats for you. And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you… me.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Vows for my beloved =)
*********************
I, XBH , take you, XHZ, to be my lawfully wedded wife.
To whom, I give my unreserved love to.
I will not promise that you will be a tai tai, nor will I promise you a star from the sky.
However I promised that in times of good or bad, sickness or health, to remain faithful to you.
In times of sorrow and struggle, to comfort you
And in times of joy and happiness, to laugh with you
I will cherish you and hold you in the highest regard.
These I promise to… my partner… my lover…. my very best friend…. my wife…... you..
awww for XBH and aww for Grey's Anatomy. I am thinking of writing my own vows too. but what a headache. i have no idea where to start.
hehe thanks.. You can actually search on google on the term "write vows" and you should be able to find many sites from there. I found and constructed my vows using this method :p
Post a Comment